18/03/2012

Happy Mother's Day! I Knew That You Were Coming So I Baked A Cake...


My Mummy's currently out walking with one of her friends so while she's out I decided to channel my inner culinary goddess and bake a cake for her for Mother's Day :)

I haven't done any baking in so long and had so many visions in my head about what I wanted to bake, and I went through the cupboards looking for cake mix and ingredients etc. No such pre-prepared cake mix could be found so I decided to jump right in with a recipe and make my own cake mix. For this cake I followed a simple cupcake recipe, using (for each cake half), 100g of self raising flour, 100g of caster sugar, 2 eggs, 100g of butter and 1/2tsp of vanilla extract. I whisked everything together in a mixing bowl and set them in the oven at 180 degrees. Now I'm not the world's best cake maker, I used the exact same ingredients for each half but they both came out completely differently...hmmm. But I spread lots of Bonne Maman strawberry jam on the bottom half and then made up some butter and icing sugar to create buttercream (with a hint of vanilla extract) and spread that on top of the jam, looks so yummy, non!?

I wanted to write Happy Mother's Day on the top but decided just to spread glace icing on the top and sprinkled on some hundreds and thousands.

Good enough to eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx