15/03/2012

My Liz Earle Experience

I took the plunge into the higher priced world of face products last week. When I say this I mean I left my Boots card at home and sought out the beauty halls of House of Fraser, and Fenwicks in Newcastle's Eldon Square and I am so happy I did so. Not only did I have my first ever complete MAC makeover (which left me wanting everything she used on me, but heaving at the £200+ price tag!), but I also managed to source some Liz Earle products and have now had chance to use them.

I realise that, I, as a member of the blogosphere, am completely tardy in my blogging about Liz Earle products. The bandwagon left a while ago and here I am only just discovering this amazing brand *bats self on head*. But, aside from this I am so glad I did, and truly you should get some Liz Earle in your life if you can!

For a company that began on the Isle of Wight to turn into a global skincare brand is a fair success story, and I know that many people have been very positive about their experiences with the products, and I am, honestly, no exception. Their products have blown everything I have ever used right out of the water.

I bought myself the 'Essentials Try Me Kit' for £24.95 which contains their award winning Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml), Instant Boost Skin Tonic (50ml), Skin Repair Moisturiser (15ml) and 1 muslin cloth (not pictured, as it's drying from my last use just now) all packaged in a neat little pouch in the signature Liz Earle duck egg blue colour. Looks delicious, right? Wait til you feel it on your skin!

First off the cleanse and polish. I am normally a girl who takes her make-up right off with her cleanser/exfoliator, which now I am realising is maybe quite bad? (Please enlighten me, should I use face wipes first then cleanse?) I found this because the Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser asks you to rub the cream on you dry face first, then wipe it off with the muslin cloth soaked in hot water. Well, as you can probably guess my cloth is kind of ruined with foundation and mascara now and needs a proper wash :( So should I face wipe first? (Tell me!) I do absolutely love this product. Even after a few wipes of the cloth on my skin and I felt so much smoother and shiny, and, which is something of a rarity for me, as I have quite dry skin, this did not leave me begging for moisturiser after I finished the little ritual. 10/10 for this!

The next product is the tonic. Now I have always been a bit skeptical of toners/tonics after a hideous usage of the Clinique 3 step range when my skin burned and burned, and it was horrible. But I really, really like this one. Lash it onto a cotton pad and wipe away the excess gunk on your face, it's amazing to see the amount of dust and fluff that's on your face, even after cleansing!

Finally the moisturiser. Like I mentioned I have really quite dry skin and need a lot of moisture to keep me going or else the flakiness appears - yuck! At the MAC counter I picked up the Studio Prep and Prime Moisture Charged Gel for £26.50 I believe, and am using that combined with my Liz Earle minatures to keep me topped up. I love both products, they work well together or apart for me :)

So overall I am in love with this skincare routine and I am just about to place an order for the full sized versions here.

Are you a Liz Earle fanatic? Any products I should try? Let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx