29/09/2012

A Few Holiday Snaps from Disneyworld!

A mix of Universal Islands of Adventure, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios.
The pool, Gatorland, Blizard Beach, Meeting Micky Mouse, Steakhouse. 
Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Harry Potter World
Hey team!

So, as you might know, I went to America recently with my boyfriend, Joseph, for a cheeky trip to Disneyworld. It's entirely my fault that we travelled 9 hours across the world for a holiday, I am completely Disney mad and I was determined to go back to Disneyworld when I turned 21, to sample the delights of grown up America with a tinge of childish excitement thrown into the mix. I last went to Disney when I was 15 and a lot has changed in the parks since 2007, and being an avid follower of Disney blogs and Disney themed YouTube channels it was nice to go back and see what fabulous new attractions the Disney parks had installed in the years between my visits. I am already experiencing a case of the holiday blues, and seeing the adverts on the tellybox for 'Book your 2013 Disneyworld holiday now' doesn't help matters! I can definitely see a return trip with my brother this time I think. Although Joseph had lots of fun, he wasn't so much into the Disney side of things!

What did we do? Well, we had a 14 day Disney ultimate ticket which allowed us access to all four Disney theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot) as well as DisneyQuest in Downtown Disney and the two water parks, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. We also bought a day pass to Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure and spent the day meandering around the different lands, and Universal City Walk, in the middle of a tropical storm. The final 'theme park' we visited was Orlando's Gatorland which was a lot of fun learning lots of facts about alligators (Florida's most famous resident!). And, of course, we spent a few days lazing by the pool in the glorious sunshine (cue my burnt knees!) and ate a lot, a lot a lot.

It really was nice to get to go away together. Joseph and I live 7 hours apart whilst I am at university and have been doing the long distance relationship thing for the past two and a half years, so to spend a solid two weeks together was lovely :-) He even bought me a Juicy Couture bracelet that I absolutely adore, when I was ill in bed for 4 days in the middle of the holiday - what a dampener! I'd never been away with another half before so that was an experience in itself that I thoroughly enjoyed, you learn a lot about your bf/gf on holiday with them that's for sure!

I think the only downside for us was the extortionate amount of money we spent on food. I really will save up lots more spending money next time I go, just in case something goes wrong. Had a I called out a doctor to see me when I couldn't get out of bed it'd have cost me in excess of $400 so I think it's always best to take too much money than not enough, eh? And of course I wish i'd have taken more ££ purely for the fact that travelling in Orlando is also quite expensive. We could have hired a car if one of us could drive of course, but on this occasion that was out of the question so we relied on taxis to take us from place to place - which meant lots of $$$! We couldn't even go to the massive shopping mall because the round taxi trip was silly money, so no Sephora for me this time, but I did get to go to Walmart and Walgreens, so expect a beauty haul post soon.

Overall I had a fabulous time and would go back in a heartbeat! It was fab visiting in September when all the children had gone back to school, cue no wait times and no need to fast pass!

What have you been up to recently?
Have you ever been to Disneyworld, or anywhere in America?





P.S How awesome is this collage idea that I found on this website where you can create them for free!

6 comments:

  1. I literally just got back from Disneyworld myself, isn't it amazing! Its like an obsession, I just wanna go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh awesome! Did you have a wonderful time? I have a serious case of the holiday blues :-(
      Louise xx

      Delete
  2. I'm going to Disneyland Paris next month and I'm excited, but I would absolutely love to go to 'proper' Disneyland in America!

    (Found you on the bbloggers blog hop!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disneyland Paris is next on my Disney list! Have an amazing time :-)
      Louise xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like fun! I love Disneyland:) I went to the one in Paris tho. I would love to go to USA! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Paris one looks like so much fun, I really want to go there and keep wishing I was back in America :-(
      Louise xx

      Delete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx