13/11/2012

Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil

Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil in 'Soft Brown'.

Brow perfection!
I am constantly on the look out for a brow pencil that will best match my hair, and considering I just discovered the wonder of L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss and the glorious shades I can wash in and wash out I will, no doubt, be ever continually searching for that perfect shade.

Brows are tricky characters, they rarely stay in shape, can look over (or under) plucked and to be honest can be a little bit of a nightmare! I am obsessed with keeping my brows in order, and will never leave the house without filling in my brows with something, defining your eyebrows can really bring a whole look together.

I only really got in to filling in my brows part way through last year when Glossybox included a HD brow quad kit in one of their boxes. I was incredibly lucky to receive the correct shade for my hair colour and went about shading and filling in to my heart's content. The issue came to me recently when I was due to travel and wanted to take a smaller make-up kit with me than normal, could I leave my beloved HD Brow quad at home?

Turns out I didn't have to because I've found an equally amazing product that fits comfortably in my mini make-up kit - Maybelline's Master Brow Shaper. This little pencil is double ended, with the brow shade on one end and a handy rounded brow brush to comb through and set brows in shape. I bought the shade 'Soft Brown' for £2.99 from Superdrug. This little pencil is amazing, it's super soft so the product just melts into the gaps between hairs and is a lovely blend of light and dark brown tones to really suit my face. I know that Maybelline also do other colours, but for the life of me I cannot find them online so pop into Superdrug or Boots and find them there.

My only qualm is the fact that the pencil is just so soft, I ran the whole of the nib down on my first use of the pencil (you can see that in the picture of the pencil at the top!) and consequently since then have had to sharpen it everyday to use it again. Saying this, I have been using it everyday for just under 10 days and hardly looks like I've sharpened it at all.  Fingers crossed it will last me a long time yet!

Do you have a go to brow product?

4 comments:

  1. Great post
    I'll have to check it out!

    Thanks for joining the Blog Hop
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! You should, for such an affordable product I am loving it!
      Louise xx

      Delete
  2. Great post! I'm more of a powder fan for brows.

    New Follower, Follow Back?

    http://www.simplyblushed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have powder too, for when I fancy taking a bit more care over the shape, a soft pencil is great for speed and on the go grooming!
      Awesome, thanks for following, I'll take a peek :-)
      Louise xx

      Delete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx