09/02/2013

Glossybox UK February 2013 Edition



My February Glossybox has just walked through my door, at five to eight on a Saturday morning I might add! This isn't today's planned post but the packaging for this month's box is just too adorable to not show you straightaway!

This box, as anyone might have guessed, is themed around Valentine's Day this month with products that are going to leave you pampered and prepared for that night out (or night in) with a special someone. If you're like me, and your valentine lives at the other end of the country, or even if you don't have a significant other this year, do not despair. Put your gladrags on anyway, apply your Glossybox products, make friends with the two other men in my life (Ben and Jerry) and watch a soppy movie.

The packaging really got me this month. It's perfectly pink, has bows and hearts and tissue paper and stickers and roses - bliss. I already have a thousand and one uses in my mind for this little box when I take the products out and give them a new home.


I like the edition of the magazine style leaflet that Glossybox is including in the boxes these days, it adds a little something extra to take your time into reading. This month the magazine details the proper application of lipstick for beautiful bold lips, as well as showing all of the products that you'll be receiving in your box. As usual I didn't look at that part til last, after I'd seen my contents!

So what did I get?


I'm not feeling particularly overwhelmed by the contents of this box, but it's not as bad as I thought when I looked at it on face value.

I received:

  • Dr Renaud Raspberry Soft Cream - 30ml (Full size 50ml for £25)
  • Helen E Cosmetics Moisturising Lipstick in the shade 'Cafe Au Lait' - 3.5g (Full size, retails at £8)
  • Micabella Cosmetics Mineral Blush Powder in the shade 'Terra Cotta' - 0.8g (Full size 9g for £34.95)
  • Modelco Eyeshadow Palette in the shade Bronzed Goddess - 2 x 3.5g (Full Size, retails at £18)
  • Anatomicals You Need A Blooming Shower - 150ml (Full size 300ml for £5)
  • Glossybox heart shaped lollipop
I like the inclusion of a raspberry flavoured product because I love raspberry and fruity smells. I used the Dr Renaud moisturiser straightaway and it smells delicious and moisturised my arm nicely. 

The Anatomicals cleanser is a step up, in my opinion, from the Anatomicals body scrub that was included in the Glossybox either last month or the month before. This one smells of luxurious roses and if I don't receive a good bunch on V-Day I'll be bathing in this for sure!

Modelco is not a brand I'd heard of before but I was surprised to find that the eyeshadow duo retails at £18! That's £9 a shadow! Madness. Anyhow, I'm glad I got bronze and gold shades as I have blue eyes and those are the colours that make them stand out more. Loving this a lot.

While I love the inclusion of 3 makeup products in this month's box I am significantly underwhelmed by the Micabella blusher and the Helen E lipstick. For a start I hate mineral products, I have never used them and don't plan on starting now. Sorry Micabella. As for the lipstick, well it's straight up a milky brown colour and due to being as pale as an ice maiden I'm not entirely sure I want to rock the bronzed lip. I'm in two minds about whether or not to try it out, or leave it in the packaging and donate it to a worthy lady...

So that was my box. What do you think? Did you get different contents?
How are you planning on pampering yourself for Valentine's Day? 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute box! I cancelled my Glossybox subscription last year after receiving three duff boxes in a row but I'm considering getting one again (and cancelling my gym membership to justify it, haha). Have the boxes been better recently? This one looks pretty good! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey honey, great review!!! I know exactly what you mean i don't understand the inclusion of a brown lipstick as i find them so hard to wear! The eyeshadows look really cool though and the raspberry soft cream moisturiser sounds so yummy! It is annoying Gbox have such variation in their boxes, this months is the only time i've been super happy with everything really, and thats probably cost me about £80 to date to finally be happy!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This doesn't look to bad compared to another review I've seen today - the variation is quite frustrating though, as some people receive products others hate! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the same apart from I got a raspberry lipstick shade. Average box I would say. X

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your Feb 2013 GlossyBox is actually quite different from mine! I really liked what I got though :)

    http://newwithhashtags.co.uk/glossybox-february-2013/

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx