26/05/2013

OOTN // Peplum & Lace


 Oh hey there blog chums...guess who finally has the Internet sorted out...and a spare five minutes in between revision and nine hour long shifts 5/7 days a week...that's right...me! In light of this I thought I'd pop up a teeny OOTN, as it's on this year's bucket list (see my 213 in 2013 list on one of the pages above). I went out to our work's party this past Tuesday as my new store won a party for selling the most Large meals out of the little group of McRestaurants that we're part of. Any excuse for a drink and a dance, eh!


I went for a bit of a mismatch assortment for the evening as I'm still unpacking and sorting things out from the house move, and I don't have all of my precious handbags with me in this house yet. So I decided on pairing my fab peplum and lace embroidered white dress from River Island (a bargain in the sale for £15 at Christmas!), with some skin coloured tights, my rose gold triangle Topshop necklace and   another cheeky sale purchase in the form of my animal print clutch bag from Miss Selfridge. I'm in love with peplum dresses and tops at the moment because they seem to flatter and cover my tummy (which, like many girls I'm sure, is the one part of my body I hate the most). 

Make-up for the night was my usual routine of MAC BB cream for an under layer, followed by Benefit's Hello Flawless, and Bourjois Healthy Mix powder. My eyes were an explosion mixed colours from my Naked 2 palette, with my most favourite liquid liner (L'Oreal Superliner) to create some catty flicks, and Maybelline The Rocket mascara to coat my lashes. On this particular night I highlighted by cheeks with Nars Albatross and popped a dab of MAC Lovejoy blush on top for a healthy glow. On my lips I'm wearing the beautiful Viva Glam Nicki II, the lavender pink shade which I absolutely love, and finished with a spritz of Kim Kardashian to smell all sultry and glam for the evening. As the French would say, parfait! 

The night was a success, the DJ favoured all of the old classics like 5ive, Steps and the Spice Girls and I had a few little tipples (although not too many as I had to work a 6am-3pm the following morning, ever the sensible head). I hope you're all doing wonderfully, now that I'm a bit more settled into this flat here, and once my forensic Science exam is out of the way I can get back into my regular blogging routine. Wahoo! 

2 comments:

  1. Aw you look lovely Louise! I love the dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lush! Rocking Nicki 2 xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx