23/08/2013

Tag // The One & Only


I was recently tagged by Laura to complete the 'One & Only Tag'. Although I like the sound of this tag, it makes me feel like the products I mention below are really the only ones I need in my life considering they're my one and only of each category. Makes everything else in my makeup stash look redundant! It'll be interesting to look back in a year or so and see if any of these items are still the same for me...

So, the question being asked here is: If you could only have one_____what would it be and why? 

Primer
Benefit's latest primer, the Stay Flawless 15 hour one, is a recent addition to my makeup stash and I adore it. Full review soon!

Concealer
I adore my YSL Touche Eclat for under eye concealment and brightening, but another firm favourite of mine is Benefit's Fake Up

Powder 
I love the Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder. It's lightweight, gives me perfect coverage and suits my pale skin beautifully.

Blush
Such a hard category because I adore blush so much...but I'm going to go with MAC's mineralize blush in Dainty, it's such a perfect pink. 

Bronzer
I'm not that much into bronzer to be honest. I'm so pale that anything bronze scares me a little bit! I need to experiment with more bronzers before I can commit to one being my one & only.

Highlighter
Benefit's Watt's Up for the win here, such a gorgeous champagne colour. 

Make-Up Brush
I'm in love with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. It's perfect for foundation, buffing in blush and highligher and seems pretty much multi-purpose to me!

Eyebrow Product
I'd definitely have to say my HD Brows kit here. It has 4 colours and they can double up as eyeshadows. Love it, love it, love it. 

Eyeshadow (Single)
I absolutely adore the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On & On Bronze. It goes so perfectly with my blue eyes, and my little pot is lasting ages ages. Well worth the money!

Eyeliner
If we're talking liquid liner, it's L'Oreal Superliner all the way. In fact I think I'll do a long overdue review soon about how much I adore this product. For pencil liner I love the colours by Topshop and my black one by Inika which I received in a beauty box a while ago and absolutely love.

Mascara
I'm absolutely loving Maybelline The Rocket mascara at the moment. I'm going to pick up the waterproof version next.

Lipstick, Lip Gloss or Stain
MAC's Creme Cup wins here hands down. It literally looks good with anything in my opinion.

Lip Liner 
I don't wear lipliner so there's not a single one that I can think of! 

Lip Balm
This is hard because I have so many lip balms and not enough pairs of lips to go through them. I adore the little Nivea Lip Butters in Vanilla, Raspberry and Caramel though. They smell delicious and make my lips feel divine. 

Nail Polish 
Ciate's Cupcake Queen. No doubt about it!

Perfume (this category wasn't on the original tag but I thought it'd fit in quite nicely)
This is such a hard pick for me beacause I adore so many scents...but I think I'm going to go with Jack Wills' English Velvet. It's so feminine and gorgeous and is perfect for day or night. Jack Wills describe it as 'Seductive, sumptuous velvet in a bottle. The English Velvet eau de toilette is a sparkling potion of Mediterranean fig and pink grapefruit with a heart of delicate pink rose petals, neroli and freesia and base notes of amber, sandalwood and musk. Truly magnetic.' 

So those are my picks of the best. Do you agree with any of my choices? Let me know your favourite products.

2 comments:

  1. Love the great majority of brands you've listed here. You have great beauty taste :p

    Now following you on GFC, BL & Twitter as well. xx

    http://glamourtricks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog on BBU Blog Hop - looking forward to following you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment that you write :-) Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and write me a note Louise xx